Translate

zondag 3 juni 2018

Italy 2018: the journey & Casperia: 30 May - 3 June

Another trip to Italy; this time we will be travelling through Germany, Switzerland and starting our holiday in Casperia, a small town one hour away from Rome, staying at the summer house of our friends Monique and Marc for a couple of days.

On the road: Wednesday 30 May 


first break


Switzerland


snowwwww

first overnight stay at the Motel Gottardo Sud


Thursday, 31 May - another day of travelling

I'm ill, my nose is constantly running, my sinuses hurt and I have a horrible headache: the flu's got me. We have to drive to our next stop, Bologna where Peter booked a room in a B&B (Il Villino). 
I feel too sick to travel with Peter into town and stay in my bed all afternoon; no revisiting Bologna for me :-(

our room on the first floor of B&B Il Villino




holy xx in the garden is watching over me

In the evening Peter bought a few pizza pieces and a yummie box of sweet tiramisu ice cream, which soothed my sore throat. Not really a fun day for me.
Peter on the other hand visited a lot of the spots we visited last year August and enjoyed Bologna muchly. 




Friday, 1 June: arriving at Moni & Marc @ Casperia

I finally slept and got rid of the fever, although still feeling not well.
After breakfast at the B&B, we travel to Casperia. The air in the car is dry and hurts my sinuses, which I solve by placing a soaked tissue paper in front of my nose :-)


the patio


Stopover at Lago sul Trasimeno, where Peter asked me 'de grootvraag' now 19 years ago at the restaurant Da Luciano, which still exists.

***

Monique & Marc waited for us to arrive and we are welcomed with a late lunch; yummie. Later on the beers arrived at the table. It's warm here, but there is a pool.

our hosts with their dog Djingo


For dinner our hosts made a reservation at the local restaurant 'La Vigna'.
As tomorrow Italy is celebrating 'the Day of the Republic' there is a DJ at the restaurant and lots of people gathering. 

the DJ



our hosts


the church of Casperia



Casperia at sunset


Saturday, 2 June: enjoying at the pool 


our 'home' the pool house

sam the house cat, who travelled from Den Bosch 


For dinner this evening Peter had booked a table for 4 at Le Cucine del Borgo in Roccantica: lovely surprising dinner in a great surrounding. Mission succeeded, our hosts loved it.




cheers


anti pasti

les primi

black pasta 

gnocchi


mackarel

salmon
 
tiramisu


Sunday, 3 June: last day of leisuring at the pool, before we move on tomorrow


working on this blog


In the evening Monique took us for dinner to Ristorante La Casina Nel Parco at Poggio Catino, an enchanting place situated at the former poolhouse & garden of a posh hotel. The hotel unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. 

this table was reserved for others ;-(



the primi's

Tomorrow we will move on to our next temp home; an apartment in Tivoli, near Rome, where we will stay for 4 nights. 

Geen opmerkingen: