Translate

maandag 22 juli 2013

Canada 14: Bow river and falls

Bow river

Saturday, 20 July

Hiking day today: after a healthy and 'nutty' breakfast in our historical lodge at the Bow lake we walked the 9 kilometers trail to the Bow glacier falls. Coz we started early it was ok and not too busy, but when we returned (the hike was to and fro) it got more and more crowded. 

Lovely views on the lake and later on the river and falls. One part of the trail was hard work i.e. climbing while being nagged by many many mosquitoes (I am completely eaten by now, although I sprayed myself AND my t-shirt with loads of repellent grrr smelly me).
When we reached the falls both Peter and I built our 'tower' ^^

healthy breakfast at the Lodge

walking along the Bow river to the falls




his tower... and

mine (10 stories)

On our way to our new home for two (!) nights in Banff we saw a bear (yeah), the photo is not supa but pfffff not easy coz the bear was moving all the time.
What happens is that when somebody spots a bear while driving through the park, they put their car on the side and everybody passing does the same. This behaviour reminded me of the Kruger park in South Africa. When there are a lot of parked cars you know 'something's there'  

Our room at the Mount Royal hotel in Banff is above the bar and it's Saturday night arghhh I didn't sleep all night coz of the noise and yelling of all the American teenagers (I feel old). 
I was rather pissed this morning and asked for a quiet room, which we got so now staying somewhere at the 3rd floor in the back (3 hoog achter) ^^

We had a lovely dinner at Japanese restaurant Suginoya: extensive sushi dish to share followed by a black sesame icecream.  Loved it!


Japanese restaurant Suginoya in Banff: we loved it and had eaten all when we realized we should have taken a photo of our lovely extensive sushi dish 

black sesame ice (super!)

Canadians love chocolate with maple sirup

Geen opmerkingen: